4.13.2011

Goodbye, Portland.

Goodbye, Portland. We are now, finally, back on the road -- only 2 hours north to stay in Olympia, WA for a day or two. Staying in Portland was outstanding and many thanks from Kyle and myself to the folks we met for showing us such a great time. I'll be really looking forward to my next trip out that direction, whenever it may be.

After throwing down on Saturday night and having some extended relaxation for all of Sunday, Kyle and I chose to hop back into the car to drive out along The Columbia River Gorge -- apparently Oregon's most popular nature attraction. We put together a fun timelapse video of most of the day until the camera ran out of batteries. I'll put it up when I've got some time to wait on the upload...

Below are some pictures from the day. Oregon is an incredibly beautiful state. It was also very cool knowing the area's historical significance with regards to Lewis and Clarke's exploration of the west. Those dudes were super cool.

River lookout. Storms toward Mt. Hood, clearer skies over Washington.


One of the big falls. There are tons of them that we stopped by along the 30 Scenic Byway so I can't remember all of their names.


Sir Kyle O'Connor


Long exposure of another one of the falls. Looks like milk flowing through the forest.


Oneonta Gorge. I remember the name of this one because it's Caitlin's favorite. Unfortunately the water was high so we chose to not wander all the way down past the log jam to see the falls up close.


Oneonta Gorge, again.


Banana slugs. I remember these things being all over the place when I went to camp up on Orcas Island and Bainbridge Island a while back.


Oneonta Gorge, again.

Now we've made the two hour drive up to Olympia to stay with Dinah's parents. Sounds like we can get some good water sports activity in and some music. We're both really looking forward to it. It's good to be on to another new place...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Collaborate and be awesome.